A podcast where we share stories of hope for family caregivers breaking through loneliness to see God even in this season of life.
Stories of Hope for living content, loving well, and caring with no regrets!
Rayna Neises, your host, welcomes Shelli Virtue. Shelli is a pastor’s daughter, wife, homeschool mom, and full-time caregiver to her disabled adult son. She has a deep desire to encourage women to be the best possible, woman, wife, and mother they can be. Shelli is also an author. She shares the following insights based on her caregiving journey:
- [4:29] Each generation looks at disabilities in a different way.
- [10:31] Questions are welcomed . . . would rather them learn and understand.
- [13:00] God has shown up by giving strength and grace to deal with caregiving daily.
- [14:09] Writing can help and can be part of self-care.
- [16:16] Not all prayers are answered in the way that you want them to be, so learn to become the answer to your own prayer.
- [20:49] Connect with Shelli on her website shellivirtue.com, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. She has a weekly devotional available to help grow your relationships deeper and stronger.
- Shelli’s story is also available in the Spring Edition of Content Magazine.
Shelli Virtue grew up a pastor’s kid, graduated from a Bible college, homeschooled her 4 children, is a full-time caregiver to her disabled adult son, and was the vice-president of a youth center. She lives in Minnesota (I know, crazy…right?) with her equally crazy (oops! I mean special)(oops! Did I just say that?) husband.
Her deep desire is to encourage women to be the best possible woman, wife, and mother they can possibly be through her thought-provoking Bible studies. She isn’t afraid to ask difficult questions and be open to creative ways of thinking in her approach to better her relationships.
Shelli is also a contributing author to Content Caregiver Magazine. Read her story and tips by subscribing today!
*Transcript is an actual recount of the live conversation
To help the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes or where ever you listen. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one.
- Subscribe at your favorite podcast platform or subscribe below and never miss an episode.