Hope for living, loving and caring with no regrets!
Rayna Neises, ACC, host, and Aly Neises, RN, cohost, reflect on the conversation with Diane Clark who shared how grateful she was to have been able to care for her father and her father-in-law. When thinking back, she would not change much about her journey, but she knows she should have taken more respite time for herself and wants others to ensure that they do. Additional insights discussed are:
- A caregiver is only as good as the care that you give yourself
- It is a joy and privilege to be able to care for the elderly and to be there to walk them all the way home
- At times we think to care for our emotional and mental health, but it is equally as important to take care of our physical health
- Monitor your physical health the same as you would in any high-stress job
- Respite is taking time away, but it needs to be time spent decompressing and then being able to return to the caregiving situation with a new freshness
- Options for Respite:
- College Students
- Outside Agencies
- Areas of Aging Offices
- Companion Care
- Nursing Students
- You are just as important as the person you are caring for
Your turn, share your thoughts . . .
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes or subscribe to our list below now and never miss an episode.